For a long time, weight loss was strictly reserved for those were interested in building muscles. It was meant for body builders. As studies about fitness continued, it was revealed that weight training for weight loss is actually quite effective. This type of training is useful as it need not be taken into extreme weight lifting. It is a faster process that is a healthy body transformation option.
Benefits of Weight Training
When executed under proper guidance, weight training has several benefits:
- It helps reduce blood pressure and stabilize blood sugar.
- Bone Density, endurance and flexibility increases.
- Cardiovascular health improves as cholesterol is regulated.
- The body looks more toned and younger.
- Agility and functionality of the body also increases.
Weight Training For Weight Loss
If you are planning to adopt weight training for weight loss, there are a few things you must be mindful of:
- Ensure that the intensity is correct: When the intensity of work out is correct, muscle development and fat loss is faster. You must ensure that there is some amount of muscle fatigue. The muscles must be pushed beyond their comfort level. You will experience pain in the targeted muscle group. That is completely normal. Make sure you stay within the safe resistance level. Instead of just increasing weights, you can also reduce the tempo of movement to increase intensity.
- Keep the weights and the repetitions controlled: Every weight that you use for a set must offer some resistance. If you pick up a weight that is too light, it is equivalent to wasting one set. Your workout regime must result in muscle fatigue. If you are unable to lift heavy weights, you can increase the number of repetitions. This type of workout results in lean mass build up. Lean mass is responsible for continuous fat loss.
- Work out on multiple muscle groups: Choose exercises where more than one muscle is worked upon. For instance replace bicep curls with push ups. With a push up, you also engage the chest and shoulders. These multi muscle work outs result in higher calorie burn. Overall muscular development is fast. If weight loss is the goal, isolating muscles is not helpful. You can recognize multi muscle exercises easily. If any form of exercise requires the use of more than one joint, then it will aid weight loss.
With these three rules, weight loss is possible with weight training. Whenever you are weigh training, make sure you stick to the correct posture. You can repeat these exercises two or four times per week. Each session should last between 20 to 30 minutes.
Make sure that you follow proper guidelines with these programs. When you indulge in a program that is intense, also give your body ample recovery time. Rest between the sets is necessary. You must have a minimum gap of 24 hours between two work out sessions. Weight training for weight loss has many other functional benefits. Therefore, it is the healthiest weight loss plan.